I have got to tell you all about this one... Yesterday, Hannah and Essie were arguing, again. We sent them to their rooms for some quiet time and to think about how they can get along better. After a while Essie came down on her own and we sent her back to her room to finish her time. When I went up, about 10 minutes later, I heard her crying and yelling, "I want to go to Hawaii!" I am starting to chuckle, wondering what in the world she saying that for?! So, I went into her room and asked her why she wanted to go to Hawaii. She said, still crying, "Because I have never been there!" After a few more questions, trying so hard not to laugh, I explained that it is expensive to go there since it is across an ocean and you have to take a long plane ride. This brought more tears and the statement "I want to go swimming more... where it is warm!" Then she stated that she wants to move to Hawaii. I then explained that we are not planning to move to Hawaii but, when she grows up she can move there if she wants. This seemed to satisfy her and she moved on. The ideas inside the head of an "almost 5 year old".
Living in laughter,
Angie
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment