Today was very interesting and I hope that if the man finds this story he will forgive me for sharing it and join in the humor of the whole thing. (love you, honey)
“In the early morning hours, I crawl out of bed to drag my butt in to swim, as I go out to start the car in -28 degrees. To my surprise, not, the car wouldn’t start. (Should have put Heet in it!) ‘Ok’ I said to myself…’lets try to jump it and see if that will work’. When I can’t find the jumper cables I have to wake up the man and he comes out to “help”. My car is parked behind his car so we have to get his turned to an angle for the jumper cables to work. After several minutes with the jumper cables on the car will still not start.
Now we are on the ‘how do we get his car out from behind my car so we can get to work???’ mode. So, we push my car back as far as we can, which isn’t very far because of the ice and snow on the road and gutters. Then the plan is to back his car onto the front lawn and drive over the curb to the street. I am thinking…’he will inch back and forth until he is around the tree and the large pile of frozen snow and drive through the low snow section’. He is thinking…’I will turn as far as I can and make it in one run…oh no I am going to get hung up on the snow pile…I have to gun it…woo hoo I love 4 wheel drive…crap, what was that…crap, I just hit Angie’s car…ok gun it the rest of the way and out to the street and park’. In the meantime, I am watching the events occur and saying to myself ‘are you kidding me???...what the hell was he thinking’. By the time he gets out of the car I have assessed only a couple of scratches on my car and he is missing the entire corner of his bumper. ‘Well, at least the man is the one who will have to live with the messed up car… :)’. Then I say not much else to him, my sensitive man, as it will only make things worse.
So much for swimming today…
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment